As indicated by Forbes 2010, Ahmedabad was positioned Third in the rundown of the Fastest Growing Cities of the decade. Undoubtedly, Ahmedabad has developed as a standout amongst the most mechanically and ecologically stable urban communities in India. The extremely well known Sabarmati River moves through this city and Mahatma Gandhi’s Sabarmati Ashram lays on its banks. So here’s all that you need to know and do while you plan a trip to this city.
Read more about AHEMDABAD – A TOURIST DESTINATION AND A WILDLIFE LOVERS’ PARADISE.
From first class infrastructure to a booming eco-friendly industrial hub, Ahmedabad is worth a tour to know how this classic Gujarati city is gaining all the limelight in India. Also, you might as well want to check out the other major cities around Ahmedabad that are Gujarat’s stupendous diamonds – Vadodara, Surat, and Rajkot. There is always a direct Rajkot to Ahmedabad train ready to ferry you to this another major city of Gujarat.
Well Known Attractions
- Sabarmati Ashram: Gilded in brilliant words in notable books, this spot was the place of the honorable Mahatma Gandhi. There is a gift shop, an exhibition hall, and the very well preserved house of baapu (father) with the urn of his ashes. A quiet place. No requirement for words to depict it however.
- Kankaria Lake: The epic point for a family trip or for investing some quality energy alone. The spot is in the heart of Ahmedabad and has a ton of fun exercises to do there like boating, going to a zoo, and even has a variety of alternatives for foodies. Attempt and visit during the evening for a fabulous perspective of the city from the lake, decked up with lights.
- Auto World Vintage Car Museum: For the car lovers, this spot is paradise. This auto exhibition hall has an immense gathering of the vintage cars that were utilized by the British. One can even go for a ride, by paying an ostensible charge, alongside a driver obviously. Since this spot is situated on the outskirts of Ahmedabad, it is all the more fun to go for an extensive road trip to this place.
- Calico Museum of Textiles: This is a treasure of the finest, old, current, antique and a wide range of materials from all around India. Shopaholics can get their nitwit of getting extraordinary mirror work fabrics, or Gujarat’s own one of a kind khaadi. Not simply materials, the exhibition hall have a wondrous assortment of furniture curated from all around India.
- Temples/Mosques: There are some amazing religious places in this city. The Akshardham Temple, Jama Masjid, Ahmed Shah’s Mosque, Sidi Sayyid’s Mosque, and so forth, are probably the most famous ones. Some tranquil time with the heavenly nature here!
Shopping and Entertainment
There are immense shopping centers in Ahmedabad that shopaholics swear by, yet it is prescribed to take home a mark Gujarati handcrafted workmanship or attire. Spots like Ratios, Law Garden Night Market, Alpha One Mall, Asal, Gamthiwala, Crossword, and Ravivari are the top picks which one can visit for a cherishable memorabilia to take back home.
Added Suggestion for Travel: Once you have your train tickets booked, you can even check your PNR status online via IRCTC’s website or other top travel portals. These even provide with a Live PNR status of a train. Make good use of technology!